Sunday, November 09, 2008

FOSS.my 2008



FOSS.my 2008, APIIT TPM

Arrive there, afternoon.. meet aizatto and get my badge.. join' up and meet some old frens Haris, sharuzzaman, piju ( with his booth ), adli, shakir (3boss), from kuantan my TKLUG team zamri and his frens shah, and many2 more..








some small booths, selling tshirt, books etc.. 2 tracks run on 2 halls.. just simple talks on oss community etc2.. then when i run to one of the halls.. one guys Fadhil Luqman is recognize me and say "hey dude! just give some speech/talks after this"

gosh..
i'm not prepared, since i just bring my "special box" with me to show to my fellow frens about it.. then after a few speeches from some guys, then suddenly he call my name..

well go the standing, blablablabla about my imvolvements since 1997, my projects on OSS and i've opened the "special box", show the hardware inside, what lies beneath the os NetBSD 3.1 and apps running..

got some Q&A then that's it..
well the corwd is giving me a good reponse.. TQ all..

Then other people give the speech..

closing the talks is vote for the best speech/talks... I never expected to be 1st runner-up and bring back nice and cute SELANGOR PEWTER's pic frame... TQ for who's voting me!

Meet someone i respect, mr Obiwan, malaysian kernel hacker and grid computing masta..


me, Obiwan and "my special box"..


After the event, called someone who want to sell me his old laser printer Canon LBP-800 for rm80! well it old, but it's hold and kickin ass hardware and using LPT/parallel port.. so i've decided it'll connected to old pc+OS+LPR/CUPSD/RAW@JETDIRECT port software as print server!



my other options/selections is HP Lasetjet PCL5/6, since it's old, robust, can fillup lots of paper, and driver is easy in any platform...

before slam my body to bed ( hey I'm working tomorrow!! SUNDAY!! ).. just downloaded+burn PCBSD 7.0.1-i386 ( 3 CD full ) and AMD64 ( 3cd full ) for testing...

time to shutoff everything and be prepared...






2 comments:

John Rocks said...

There are various types of KVM switches such as KVM USB, LCD etc. KVM switches are popular, with a number of large organizations, such as banks and hospitals using them, especially since their systems are spread out. for more information log on to: -www.rackmountsales.
KVM Switches

Dear Coupons said...

Your blog is simply great.I have find many new things.Network
solution coupons
provides you a great schemes for network devices.