Wednesday, March 25, 2009

my new KVM switch!





I got in my mind a KVM switch ( cap ayam ) 4 port that cost me rm75.. quite cheap i think.. and i need to buy KVM cable to connect it to my boxes ( pile of boxes )..


anyway a bit frustrated with the staff/guys who tested it since he's blur2 and say to me " u need to buy power adapter blablabla... anyway when i'm back home, it's just plug and play and all is works!..

apo la..

so i just now connected it to my AMD Athlon64 box ( main ) and my NetBSD 4.0.1 web/squid/ server.. to see how..

gosh man..
i soon realise that i need to buy 2 more KVM cable because i already can shove off my extras monitor/powercable/keyboard that piling up in my middle room..

so my next KVM will be connected to
1- FreeBSD firewall/router pentium 187mhz 40mb ram - my old faithful
2- NetBSD 3.1_stable "special box" - Cyrix 233 64mb ram


waiting:

1- celeron 300
2-celeron 400 Gateway e-1400
3- pentium 2 400



looks like i need 8 port KVM switch?


lucky i got some boxes run on VmWare:

1- FreeBSD 6.4
2- NetBSD 4.0.1
3- OpenBSD 4.4
4- CentOS 5.2
5- Solaris 10


soon:

Sun Ultra 10... and Sun Sparcstation 5..




2 comments:

John Rocks said...

Blog is interesting and motivated me a lot!! Thanks .Thanks for the information your new & latest technology KVM Switches
KVM Switches

Dynapowerusa said...

Hi all,

Nice blog! KVM switches were originally passive, mechanical devices based on multi-pole switches and some of the cheapest devices on the market still use this technology. Thanks...


LCD KVM