Thursday, November 06, 2008

Got my Net.. now the development begins...



Got my net installed..
gosh no choice i have to take TMNUT because there's no coverage of other ISP in my area.., just need to activate! sheeshh ) 1st i applied it thru agents, it take 1 full month ( stewped! ) with lots of excuses to install even my landline! ( anyway the cables is already there )..

Then i rush ( terjah! ) the TMPOINT, register it myself, blabbering blabla and u what happen? within 2 days the cable guy came and start to do their work.. 1-2 more days for activate the phone.. then now my Screamyx accounts issue..

**SIGH** abit frustrated when i discover, my area is not covered for 4MB (?) connection but just maximum 1MB.. well i really need it since i need some faster connection for my pc/server.. anyway.. 1MB pun 1MB lah..

when the accounts is activated, i'm rushed to my project office, take spare modems ( since the TM tech will just came tomorrow, feel so damn late! ).. it's DANCALL and AZTECH.. take it home, turn on my old ( it's ready+installed ):



pentium 187MMX +
40MB RAM (it's EDO RAM!!)
2 3Com XL PCI NIC
20GB HDD
preinstalled with FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE, customised kernel

put the cable and start the ppp dialing... walla!! it's connected!!





later just simple script of ipnat and such simple thing, cable it thru old 8port 3com switch, make it as fw/gateway.. and that's all!.. other server/pc is waiting to connected.. then i link to 1 boxes of CeleronD 2.4, one "Special Devices" running on NetBSD 3.1-STABLE..



my "SPECIAL DEVICES"


actually it's an old TV decoder for hotels that been scrapped off, cyrix233, AMD geode chip, 3Com FXP onboard NIC, 1PCI+1ISA slot, 6GB HDD with 64mb PC100 SDRAM.. so far it runs on NetBSD, no problem at all... apps I've run on it is SAMBA 3.x, apache 1.x, ipf/ipnat, and other thingy.. BitchX!!

Next day, the TM guys came and bring the RIGER modem.. just put it on for few minutes, try if it's worked, then i decided to use AZTECH.. since it's performance is really2 good..

Then I've contacted one guy who post the CPU for sale in mudah.com.my.. price is reasonable so he came, tested, and decide to take the deal..

it's:
AMD Athlon64 3000+
512 MB RAM ( I've added another 512MB from my extra RAM )
ABIT uGURU motherboard
Leadtek Nvidia GeForce5900XT 256bit 128MB
120GB HDD

well it's fair enuff for me, because I'm planning to start working on
1-PCBSD PBI pkg development/creation.. since it's runs on amd64, then it's targeted for AMD64 platform ( previously the target was i686 )..
2- bug test for PCBSD 7 and above/beta
3- other BSD/oss test for apps performance tuning etc..






Just thinking to add 1-2 more of this box ( later ) and 1-2 Mac box (ppc) eMac/iMac etc then 1 brandnew/latest spec of AMD boxes ( AM2 X2 6000 or Phenom )... for the time being, this is enuff..



No comments: